Monday 14 September 2009


Hi guys I have been painting and modeling Dark Angels for the last few years and to be honest now feel that I'm pretty fed up of painting green. So having aquired some cheap marines off of ebay I wanted to create my own chapter. I have come up with the idea of calling them them the Children of Aeneas. Aeneas was a Trojan prince who managed to escape the fall of Troy before fleeing to North Africa where he had an affair with the Dido the Queen of Carthage. On leaving Carthage he arrived in Italy where he became the progenitor of Romulus and Remus and eventually the kings of Ro.me
I love all the classical artwork of Aeneas and wanted to incorporate it into the colour scheme of the army, its only early stages but these are the colours I have come up with.
If any one has any thoughts or ideas on the fluff or army appearance let me know.





One of the cool pieces of art, Aeneas flees burning Troy, Federico Barocci, 1598.

No comments:

Post a Comment