Wednesday 23 February 2011

The Reivers (Khorne Bezerkers)

Here is the start of my world eaters, I have always been an incredibly slow painter so I thought I would try something different for Khornes chosen.

I spray painted them black, then got my daughter Niamh to dry brush them Mecherite Red, before untidily highlighting them with Blood Red and painting in the gold.

Then I decided to use Army Painters quick shade, now this is the first time I have tried dipping so there were lessons to be learnt.

1 A quick in and out of the tin is all the model needs, (too long causes to much of the dip to pool on the model)
2 Flicking the dipped model is essential to remove excess dip, if this isn't done then it will pool and harden which leads to the dip obscuring the detail.
3 Leave the model for over 24 hours before spraying on the varnish, if you don't then the model will "frost".


after the bezerkers had been dipped and sprayed I then painted on the details.







I am fairly content with the results, It wasn't as fast I had hoped it would be, but It was certainly a great deal faster than painting in my usual methods.

No comments:

Post a Comment